Friday 31 March 2017

About My Eraser Test

Hello again~! Because my Awashuwa Soda Eraser introduction is very short, I will also introduce my eraser test today, for the sake of my future eraser introductions.

The 'good eraser test' is a skill I learnt from my father when I was young. We would go shopping for stationery together when the stock (that my father keeps) runs out. For erasers, he would usually pick those that were in value packs. He would then squish them, then pass it to me for squishing while saying "This is what a good eraser feels like."

Although due to preferences, my 'good eraser test' may not be agreeable to all, but for me, it works 99% well.

Staedtler erasers tend to fail my test but are very good erasers (personal opinion), which I discovered after my mum bought a pack of 5 home and I had to finish them before I could get new ones. I feel that they erase well and I love the texture when I erase.

On the other hand, Pilot Foam Erasers do pass my the test but do not fit my personal preferences. I just don't enjoy the texture when it erases but it still does its job well.

Yup! So the 'good eraser test' that I have mentioned and will mention from now on is just simply squishing the eraser and judging from years of experience whether it will be good or not.

So till next Saturday with another eraser introduction, Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment